Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The thing about Jennys...

I know some very nice Jennys out there... It's just that when I was growing up it was drilled into my head that my name was Jennifer or Jen... Not Jenny...

Back when I was in High School I was on the gymnastic team and there were an abundance of Jennifers on the team - the majority of them went by Jenny (that's not my name...)...there was Jenny Pickering, Jenny MacDougal, and Jenny Sizemore.... Since they were all called Jenny - they called me Jenny too!!! - which was the worst thing ever when you have been told your entire life that your name is not Jenny. I had to put up with this for four of my formative years! No wonder I'm traumatized! THEY ENGRAVED THE NAME JENNY TOWNER ON MY CAPTAIN'S TROPHY!!!!! I am scarred for life...

The pain has subsided over the years... but it still hurts.

I have nothing against Jennys... I'm just not fond of the name...

Bad Jen

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your trophy. It reminds me my first day at work at my last job they had a sign that said WELCOME JENN and it was digitized on my work phone and on the phone roster at work. I don't spell my name JENN it's one N - though now that makes me think. Why do some Jens spell it with two n's and some with one? huh..... this is such an enlightening experience. Good Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. my facebook quote about me says "with one n" too...

    ReplyDelete